Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Water

Ok this this will be short and sweet. I wasn't planning on sitting down to write a blog today because I have to be at the hospital the next three days taking care of tests and stuff so those things are much more interesting to write about.

BUT!

A huge thing I have learned from cancer so far, and I'm sure many of you were smart enough to already know this, but if you didn't...here it is

WATER IS AMAZING

People always says "you don't drink enough water", and you shrug it off because you don't feel particularly thirsty and what not. Since I started going through all of these appointments at the hospital, I've been told to have certain amounts of water every day. Now that I am going through chemo, they say I need to have a minimum of 64oz of water a day (I've been shooting more for in the 80's). Before this, I was lucky to drink like two small bottles a day.

I thought for a second that chemo was the miracle to good skin, and then I realized, oh wait, its the water! haha... I've always been complimented on my skin, but I've never felt like it was particularly amazing or anything. These last two weeks of drinking water, the color/feel/quality/whatever of my skin has improved drastically. My nails are growing faster, my shaved legs feel way smoother (though now i'm supposed to quit using a regular razor...stupid chemo) haha..

anyway, like I said, this probably wasn't huge news to anyone, but if any of you feel like you could be drinking more water, I highly recommend you start. Its amazing how it makes you feel, even though at first its more like a chore making sure you are drinking that much.

OK, i'm done now. Dad and I are going to Whole Foods.

And I feel great today, by the way :)

XOXO,
Linds

(P.S. I seem to think these posts will be short and sweet, and I say they will be, and then I ramble. Silly me ;))

6 comments:

  1. you should get one of these bottles:

    http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/2012-eddy-1L.aspx

    I carry it everywhere and it makes it easy to constantly drink water. I drink about 5 liters a day without even thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lindsey! Water s the largest single component of our entire body. The best side effect of drinking water from my experience is that dehydration causes one to think they are hungry. By staying properly hydrated, you are less hungry, less hungry, less food. It's a win, win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try that suggestion! I never drink enough water; glad to hear it helps with skin (I could use all the help I can get in that department lately!). - Michelle A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! But mostly, good to share it, Lindsay. I always remember something I learned way back: "if one waits until one's thirsty to drink, one has waited too long" (dehydration already working its way). Sooo happy to learn you feel great today:). You are amazing, thank you. MarĂ­a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just chugged my whole bottle of water. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete