Monday, August 27, 2012

CA2729 is Down! :)

Hi all!

It has been a while since I last wrote a blog, but all last week my brother was here providing me with amazing distractions, and previous to that I was still grumpy from port surgery, and post Mike being here I had a cat show in Philly to deal with (although I only had the gusto to make it for one day).

Anyway, I woke up today to an email from my Oncologist, the awesome Dr. Gaffar! There is a cancer marker in your blood that they watch that elevates when you have cancer, the type they are watching in me is called CA2729, and they hope to see the number go down once you start treatment. My email this morning informed me that the marker was cut by more than half since before I started treatment! :) I love having this news because it helps me know that our course of action is doing some butt kicking :)

So, backtracking a bit, my brother was in town last week. That was super awesome because I haven't seen him since the wedding. I love him and he made my heart smile every moment that we were together. He flew off to a wedding in Florence for one of his best friends, but he will be stopping back through for Labor day, so I'll have one last chance to hug and kiss him until he's back off to Seattle.

Leigh also came for a visit, which was totally awesome! I didn't get enough time with her since it totally coincided with doctor's appointments and my brother's visit, but she'll be back soon and we will get to frolic more.

So the cat show this weekend was cool, but a decent 2 hour drive, and I was not so successful in the sales. But, I did get to see some really great friends and I met some new lovely people. There are so many people out there that are affected by cancer and I just never realized. Everyone was very supportive and giving me positive feedback and tips. I LOVE POSITIVITY. Oh, and here is Lynzkatz Possum, an American Shorthair who is whooping butt in the shows right now, top cat at the moment! He's gorgeous an a sweetheart and I got to pet him for the first time at this show. He is amazing :)

The cat show was also awesome cause there were tons of Burmese and Bombays! More than I've seen at a show lately, so that was really great :) I wish I had taken more photos, but this one of Possum was all that I took. I'll hopefully have Nic around at the show next month in Timonium to help make sure I take a proper amount of pictures.


Now back to my mention of POSITIVITY, and this is sort of a spin off, but while only rarely, on my Facebook, people leave things that aren't conducive to positivity. I'm not going to mention specifics, but please people, if you have some link to show me, or something to say that definitely goes against the plan that my doctors have put in place for me, please do not show me. The best thing I can do is believe in my course of action and trust my doctors and know that I am going to come through this and beat it. I love all of the food suggestions and exercise or alternative healing practices, but anything that puts down what my doctors have planned for me is not a helpful suggestion. I just wanted to put that out there.

I'm going to be embarking on something new as well. Reiki. But I'll write about this in my next blog :)

My acid reflux is kicking my throat right now, my hair is falling out, so I'm going to go hunt for my Pepcid and work on these Neff beanie hats that I am making with hair extensions sewn into them.

I'll leave you all with a couple of pictures of the furry cuties in the household:





3 comments:

  1. Such great news that your cancer marking is shrinking (happy dance!). You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive! You are so loved and have so many people rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I really appreciate and love your thoughts and prayers. I know that it is all helping me :)

      Delete
  2. Lindsey, I heard about your blog through my cousin Allison. I am a 31 yo who was diagnoised in mid January, with stage 2 Bc. I have found all the aspects of my treatment (surgery, chemo, and radiation) to not been as bad As I was expecting. If you ever want to talk to someone in a similar situation feel free to contact me. One of the things I did not like about being at the hospital is that I felt so young compared to most of the other onc patients. Thinking strong and peaceful thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete