Monday, August 13, 2012

Chemo and Cat Show Weekend!

Hey all,
how is everyone today? well I hope :)

Biko and I just sat down to write a blog together, although she is spending more time trying to knock little things off my desk rather than help me focus on typing.

So I had my second round of chemo on friday, and it went about the same as the last. There are such great doctors and nurses and all around awesome people at the hospital so it always makes it a much more pleasant experience. I had a pretty large posse with me for this go around, which was pretty nice. It was Mom, Dad, Nic, Laura, and Nic's parents Mary and Joe!

Hopefully this was my last chemo IV! I have a consultation on tuesday for getting surgery to put a port put into my chest.


















We all went out to dinner afterwards at Gertrude's, which of course we all know is my favorite restaurant. (and where Nic and I got married). I had the Sea Bass... amaaaaaaaazing!!!


So then this weekend was CAT SHOW TIME!!! I was so happy to be able to go! Nic was a huge help with me all weekend. I got to hang out with awesome people this weekend too, like Deborah Curtis who is one of the awesomest and strongest and most beautiful people I know. Somehow I came away from this weekend without a photo of us, but I'll get one at the next show (in Philly in about two weeks.. its after a chemo day so we'll see if I am up for it, but i hope so!)



This is Hope, she is an Ambassador cat at the cat shows. She's an exotic shorthair and very plush an amazing :)




I made some decent sales at the show, had a good time, and saw lots of great cats. It was definitely a good experience for my morale :) Though after each day I was pretty much completely bushwhacked and couldn't get off the couch. Luckily I had a friend named Apollo who was more than happy to enjoy the "fatigue symptoms" with me:

I made a list of things I would like to get done today... I think there are over 30. I'm not really sure how that happened, but I think I'll choose 5 good ones to tackle, cause I just don't know about the energy levels. I hope everyone has a glorious day today :)

XOXO,
Linds


1 comment: