Sunday, August 5, 2012

Two Days After First Chemo Session

Hi all,

Just thought I'd check in. I've been lucky to have the past two days, as well as the next two, to just relax. So far my symptoms from chemo has been mild (fingers crossed!). I've been mostly dealing with a lot of skin flushing and some fatigue. I've got a decent amount of energy until around 2pm or so and then I've been kind of done. Luckily I have my wonderful family around to hang out with me and bring me popsicles :)

I did get some errands done the past two days, which made me feel good. Today Nic and I went looking at mattresses. Did you know that they had beds out there with cool gel that runs through them? When your skin is flushing so hot, that sounds like the most amazing thing on earth. I could have laid on the beds at the mattress stores all day.

This Phenom was pretty comfy, but Tempurpedic definitely reigned supreme.

Nic and I also went to the grocery store today and got some kale and leeks, fruit, and tons of popsicles and ice cream :) (and SUNFLOWERS of course) there is nothing happier than a sunflower.

But, alas, the grocery store and the mattress scouting was about all I was good for today.  I ate today too though, which was good. Not a lot, but way more than I did yesterday. Food just sounded so gross yesterday. The only thing that has gotten me to eat so far is Rigatoni Abruzzi from Bertuccis. mmmm... (although it took me four meals over two days to finish one portion)

Anyway, Nic snapped a photo of me with Apollo and Lamby now that i'm bushwhacked on the couch.

As long as things go like this, I have two more days of no doctors. That makes me happy :) Next week I deal with a liver biopsy, a brain MRI, and more chemo, but until then, I'll just enjoy my family, kitties, and probably get some sewing in tomorrow :)

XOXO,
Linds




2 comments:

  1. That a girl, hanging tough. I just recently got one of the temperpedic style beds but with a latex pillowtop mattress. It makes it have the benefits of body memory with cool to the touch surface. Sterling is the manufacturer, nice bed.

    Glad to hear your getting some good veggies. Raw, unprocessed is the best way to go. Looking forward to each new post and sending positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear all is going well so far :) You are a tough woman..no doubt about that! -All our love- Dan and Ashley

    ReplyDelete